- High torque, direct drive motor
- 8/16% Pitch range
- Adjustable start time and brake
- Pitch reset
- Changeable LEDs - Blue or Red
- Slipmat included
- Detachable audio and power cables
The direct drive system uses a slow-rotating motor to directly drive the platter. This system has various advantages. It offers high performance, such as rotation accuracy and powerful torque, does not require replacement of parts and maintains high reliability over a long period of time. However, the direct drive system was said to on occasion produce a rotation irregularity called cogging. For the SL-1200MK7, a new coreless direct drive motor was developed. This motor employs a coreless stator. The removal of the iron core from the stator eliminated the root cause of cogging. Furthermore, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimised, thus achieving high torque performance equalling that of the SL-1200MK5. Boasting smooth rotation and powerful torque, this motor reproduces sound accurately and faithfully from the groove on an analogue record.
Two-layer Structure Platter with Improved Vibration Damping Performance
The platter on which a vinyl record is placed features a two-layer structure with deadening rubber on the entire back surface to eliminate unwanted resonance in the aluminum die-cast platter. The platter offers high rigidity and outstanding vibration-damping characteristics to prevent harmful vibration from being transmitted to the record and delivers clear sound.
High Rigidity Cabinet and High Damping Insulator for Thorough Shut-out of All Vibrations
The chassis, an essential part for reducing external vibrations, inherits the audio quality enhancement technology fostered through the development of high-end turntables. The aluminum die-cast chassis is rigidly integrated with a special material consisting of ABS mixed with glass fibre to achieve a two-layer construction. The combination of this special high-rigidity material and a metal chassis raised the rigidity and vibration-damping performance to higher levels, realising a robust cabinet for beautiful sound reproduction.
The insulator is comprised of a spring and rubber to provide optimal frequency characteristics. This not only assures high sound quality and superb howling resistance, but also effectively shuts out external vibrations under high sound level conditions.
Pitch control is the +/-8% standard digital control as found in the MK5, including the +/-16% adjustment switch. Rotations of 33rpm, 45rpm and 78rpm are supported (the last by pressing both 33/45 buttons together).
High torque is a must for this DJ line, with the MK7 said to match the response of the MK5 model, which set the benchmark many years ago. With the MK7, however, it's possible to adjust the torque response and braking speed – useful if you want rapid stops or slower pitch-down to static when hitting the start/stop button. This utilises the same microcomputer and motor control as found in Panasonic's high-end Blu-ray players.
Technology for Rotational Stability
- Coreless Direct Drive Motor
- High-Precision Motor Controller
Construction for Vibration Tolerance
- High-Dumping Turntable Platter
- Rigid Cabinet Construction
- High-Dumping Insulator
High Quality Parts
- High Sensitive Tonearm
- Detachable PHONO Terminal
Technics Definitive Design
- Inherited SL-1200 Series
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Turntable Speeds: 33 1/3, 45rpm (with switch 78 rpm)
- Starting Torque: 0.18N･m / 1.8kg･cm (1.56 lbs-in)
- Build-up Characteristics: 0.7 s. from standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
- Wow and Flutter: 0.025% W.R.M.S.
- Turntable Platter: Aluminum die-cast
- Diameter：332mm (13-5/64")
- Weight：Approx. 1.8kg (4.0 lbs) (Including slipmat and slipsheet)
- Type: Universal, Static Balance
- Effective Length: 230mm (9-1/16")
- Overhang: 15mm (19/32")
- Tracking Error Angle:
Within 2° 32' (at the outer groove of 30cm(12") record)
Within 0° 32' (at the inner groove of 30cm(12") record)
- Offset Angle: 22° • Arm Height Adjustment Range: 0 - 6mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 - 4g (Direct Reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6g
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range:
[without auxiliary weight] 5.6 - 12.0g (14.3 - 20.7g (including head shell))
- Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
- Audio Output: PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1, EARTH TERMINAL x 1
- Power Supply:
- Power Consumption: 8W (Approx. 0.2W (Standby))
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 169 x 353mm (17-27/32 × 6-21/32 × 13-29/32 inch)
- Weight: Approx. 9.6kg (Approx. 21.2lbs)
Turntable, Slipmat, Slipsheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Head shell, Screw set for cartridge, PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owner's Manual
Seen the Technics SL1210 MK7 Direct Drive Turntable in Black Cheaper?
We check our prices every day to ensure we can bring you the best price possible. In the unlikely case that you have found a cheaper price then please contact us on email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer your query right away! or call us 02082086999
* Required Fields