- THX® Certified Select™ cinema reference sound
- Supports 5.2.2-channel Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® playback
- 165 W per channel
- HDMI® 7 in (1 front*1) / Main Out, and Sub Out*2 supporting 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision™, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2 pass-through
- Dynamic Audio Amplification with 4-ohm speaker-driving capability
- 384 kHz/32-bit DAC and VLSC™ filtering for superior clarity
- Supports Chromecast built-in and works with the Google Assistant
- Dual-band Wi-Fi®, DTS Play-Fi®, AirPlay, Amazon Music, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn*3
- FlareConnect™ wireless multi-room audio
Whether playing the latest home cinema formats or streaming music, the Onkyo TXNR686 is always a dynamic powerhouse.
Power to have you on the edge of your seat
Featuring high-current, Dynamic Audio Amplification, the TX-NR686 is ready for the most action-packed movies and stirring music. HCPS (High Current Power Supply) means that no matter how intense the action gets, the Onkyo always keeps control, with a sound punchy enough to make you 'jump' in your seat and send shivers down your spine. Other tech such as discrete output stages and VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) means the TX-NR686 produces ultra-low levels of distortion for a smooth, detailed sound.
Certified by THX
The high power thrill isn’t just guaranteed by Onkyo, it’s certified by THX, too. THX are a Californian company founded by George Lucas of Star Wars fame. To gain THX approval, products are bench tested to a rigorous level, covering every aspect of audio performance. Only a select few products gain the THX certification, making it a true badge of honour for any home cinema product.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for a new dimension in sound
Dolby Atmos uses ceiling or upwards firing speakers to produce a multi-dimensional, immersive sound that's a match for the finest cinemas. DTS:X literally pushes the boundaries of what you can expect from home cinema. It renders images in three dimensions that conventional processing can't match. It also easily adapts with your existing speaker configuration.
Supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG and BT.2020 standards – perfect for UHD entertainment
The Onkyo TXNR686 is the perfect partner for your HDR-equipped TV and video source. It supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT.2020 and HDCP 2.2, which means you can play UHD Blu-ray discs and stream UltraHD video in the highest quality. The HDMI sockets allow 4K pass-through, for hassle free switching and viewing without the receiver needing to be powered up.
Hi-Res Audio playback
At the heart of the Onkyo's digital processing is a top quality AK4458 32 bit/384kHz DAC (Digital to Analogue Convertor). This not only provides a transparent and lifelike sound but also facilitates the playback of High Resolution audio formats. The TXNR686 is compatible with a wide range of HD audio formats, including DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC 192kHz-24-bit for exceptional sound quality.
Your music services streamed your way
Compatible with Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer and Tidal, the TXNR686 covers all the major players. For Internet radio, the TuneIn service gives you access to thousands of radio stations from around the world. You also get a wide range of systems to stream your music. Choose from Wi-Fi over the network, Apple AirPlay or Bluetooth for the widest range of wireless music streaming options.
Chromecast with Google Assistant
Chromecast lets you stream music, podcasts and audio apps, including Google Play, at the touch of a button. Alternatively, use Google Assistant and this Onkyo AV receiver becomes part of your voice controlled smart home.
DTS Play-Fi is a premium, wireless control system that brings everything under one 'roof'. Download the free app and you'll not only have access to Internet radio but also popular music apps such as Spotify, Tidal, Deezer and Napster. As well as bringing all your streaming sources together, Play-Fi offers the potential for full multi-room music. Simply add other PlayFi compatible sources and you'll quickly be able to build up a comprehensive music system around your home - all under the control of a single app.
Or try new FlareConnect
For seamless multi-room compatibility, the TXNR686 also features FlareConnect. FlareConnect works with compatible Onkyo and Pioneer controller apps and lets you access your music from stored devices (such as NAS drives) or streaming services such as Spotify, Tidal, Deezer and TuneIn. From here you can send the music to all FlareConnect compatible Onkyo and Pioneer products, giving you effortless multi-room music around your home.
Spin your vinyl
It's not just the latest wireless sources that the Onkyo has covered, it can handle hi-fi sources, too. Six line inputs and three digital connections are ample for the most complex of home entertainment systems. You can even plug in your turntable, thanks to the dedicated phono (MM) input.
Get a thrill from all your music and movies, with the stunning Onkyo TX-NR686.
- HDMI terminals supporting HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision™, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz pass-through, and HDCP 2.2
- 5.2.2-channel Dolby Atmos playback and Dolby Surround upmixing for audio formats including DTS® codecs
- DTS:X playback and DTS Neural:X® 3D upmixing supporting Dolby® formats
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex phase alignment for Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers
- Supports Onkyo Controller app*4 for intuitive multi-room operation
- Stable 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity
- Chromecast built-in wireless audio streaming technology that works with the Google Assistant
- DTS Play-Fi multi-room audio with Onkyo Music Control App*4
- AirPlay audio streaming from iTunes and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Hi-Res Audio playback including DSD 5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz*5, 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC*6, WAV (RIFF)*6, AIFF, ALAC*6, and Dolby® TrueHD*7
- Supports Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer music streaming services and TuneIn internet radio
- FlareConnect multi-room audio distribution to compatible components
- Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs and Zone 2 line-output with DAC supporting digital*8 and analog audio playback
- Bluetooth® wireless technology for mobiles, laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3)
- Advanced Music Optimizer improves compressed digital audio quality, including Bluetooth audio
- Support for front L/R bi-amping in a 5.2-channel speaker layout
- 480i de-interlacing (480i to 480p) via HDMI for legacy video formats
- 165 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- Dynamic Audio Amplification delivers thrilling multichannel and stereo performance
- High-current power drives large speakers with 4-ohm resistance
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) customized transformer
- VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) high-frequency noise removal (for front L/R channels)
- Non-phase-shift amplification circuitry for clarity and detail
- Discrete output stage circuitry for low distortion
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X reproduction (supports 5.2.2 channels)
- HDMI support for 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DSD, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), multichannel PCM, and CEC
- High-grade AKM (AK4458) 384 kHz/32-bit multichannel DAC
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) jitter-cleaning technology for S/PDIF audio
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Listening modes for gaming (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG)
- Theater-Dimensional virtual surround function
- Direct Mode for audio reproduction close to original source quality
- Tone controls (bass/treble) for front L/R channels
- 7 HDMI inputs (1 front) and 2 outputs (1 Main Out, 1 Sub Out)
- Powered USB terminal (5 V, 1 A) for audio playback
- 2 composite video inputs and 2 component video inputs
- 3 digital audio inputs (2 optical and 1 coaxial)
- 6 analog audio inputs, 1 stereo 3.5 mm analog input (front)
- Phono input (MM) and equalizer for turntable connection
- 2 subwoofer pre-outs
- 6.35 mm headphone jack (front)
- Speaker setup mic input (front)
- Speaker posts with screw knobs
- Crossover adjustment for each channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical User Interface with overlaid On-Screen Display via HDMI
- Quick Setup Guide via GUI and easy connection diagram on rear panel
- Large input selector buttons
- Economical HDMI pass-through and Network Standby functions
- IP control support for home automation systems
- 3-mode display dimmer (normal/dim/dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM random presets
- Simple remote control
Seen the Onkyo TXNR686 7.2-Channel Network Atmos AV Receiver Cheaper?
We check our prices every day to ensure we can bring you the best price possible. In the unlikely case that you have found a cheaper price then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to answer your query right away! or call us 02082086999
* Required Fields