- Streaming your entire music library - music services and radio stations
- Smaller rooms or as a stereo pair matched with SUB
- Use in wet rooms such as bathrooms (moisture resistant)
- Wall mounting with optional bracket
- Gifting to those that have everything!
- Rear channel speakers to create a wireless home cinema system with PLAYBAR and Sub
- 2 Year Warranty
The Sonos PLAY:1 Wireless Smart Sound Multi-Room Speaker in black works as a cornerstone in the Sonos Multi-Room hi-fi system – start with one and expand your music into any room, playing the same song everywhere or providing each room with a different soundtrack.
The award-winning Sonos wireless multi-room system is easy to set up and use; start with one speaker and add more over time. With the free Sonos app on your phone or tablet, you can control and play your music, use music streaming services like Spotify or listen to more than 100,000 free internet radio stations.
A Multi-Room music system
Expand your home audio experience with Multi-Room technology. Play almost any music track from any source - your personal collection, a streaming service or your phone - in any room you choose, all controlled by your Smartphone.
Multi-Room offers the ultimate in audio convenience and control. Manage your music on one device and build your system by adding other compatible Multi-Room speakers and components made by the same brand.
Wireless speaker excellence
The ultra-compact PLAY:1 allows you to access the incredible range of music from your iTunes library, favourite online music services and in excess of 100,000 free internet radio stations, shows and podcasts.
Two custom-designed drivers with a 3.5" mid range speaker, a tweeter and dedicated amps for provide incredibly powerful, detailed Hi-Fi sound for all your favourite music. All of these scintillating highs and thunderous lows are available throughout your home at any volume, without you needing to dock your input device.
Connect your speakers more freely
An amazing new addition to the capabilities of the Sonos system, Sonos have now released a free upgrade available on all new and already purchased Sonos systems. With this Sonos update you won't need a Sonos BRIDGE for Multi-Room playback between your speakers, making things even simpler.
You will be prompted on the Sonos Controller app that an update is required.
Now you can play music in sync between rooms on Sonos speakers, or play different tunes in each room all from your Apple device. You can now allow up to 32 people to add music to a playlist in any room using their own iPhone, to create wonderfully interactive party nights.
Please note that if you're using a Sonos PLAYBAR with a subwoofer or wish to build a 5.1 home theatre system, you'll still need to use the BRIDGE.
Easy setup with reliable wireless connection
The PLAY: 1 Wirelessis so simple to set up, requiring no rewiring or complex programming. The simplest way to get started is to download the free Sonos app and then follow the simple instructions.
If you have an internet router in the same room as where you want to play your tunes, you'll be able to use an Ethernet cable to connect it straight to your PLAY:1.
Establish a personal wireless network so you can play music from a compatible Android or Apple device. If you prefer, there's the option to connect a Sonos BRIDGE to your wireless router for a wireless link to the Sonos PLAY:1 Wireless Multi-Room Music System.
This innovative option allows you to move the compact Hi-Fi around different rooms, creating a personal wireless network to play back music from any compatible device with a wireless facility.
Control and expand your music
You'll be able to search, browse and play music over your Sonos PLAY:1 Multi-Room Speaker using the dedicated Sonos Control or the free Sonos Controller Apps for your Android, iPhone, iPod touch or iPad devices.
The device also allows you to add as many Sonos players as you like around your house – thanks to its wireless technology, you'll be able to play different songs in every room or bathe your home in the sound of the same tune.
A Hi-Fi with multiple uses
Your PLAY:1 will work brilliantly on its own, or you can add a second PLAY:1 to create a stereo pair for room-filling audio. You'll even be able to use them with a Sonos PLAYBAR and SUB to bring an astounding 5.1 surround experience to your home.
Automatic software updates
The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful sound, HiFi sound that's crystal clear at any volume
- Amplifier: Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture
- Tweeter: One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response
- Mid-woofer: One 3.5 in/9 cm mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass
- Stereo pair: Turn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound
- 5.1ch home cinema: add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience
- Audio formats supported: support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music service supported: Sonos works seamlessly with 7Digital, 8Tracks, Amazon Cloud Player, AUPEO!, Dar.fm, Deezer, Hearts of Space, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Murfie, Napster, Pandora, Qobuz, Rdio, Rhapsody, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Simfy, Slacker Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify, Stitcher SmartRadio, TuneIn, Wolfgang's Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Operating systems (for supported files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac OS X v10.6 and higher; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: SonosNet 2.0, a secure AES-encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- Sonosnet extender: functions to extend and enhance the power of SONOSNet 2.0
- Ethernet port: one 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Internet connection required for access to internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply. Note: All specifications subject to change without notice
Power Supply AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchableTop-panel buttons
Volume and Play/Pause. Press Play/Pause button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
Top-panel lights Indicates PLAY:1 status
Dimensions (H x W x D) 6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 (in) / 161.45 X 119.7 x 119.7 (mm)
Threaded mount 1/4 inch (6.75mm) / 20-thread
Weight 4.08 lb (1.85 kg)
Operating temperature 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
Storage temperature -20°C to 70°C Humidity resistant
Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)Product finish White with light metallic grille; black with graphite grilleMulti-language support
Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.Package contents SONOS PLAY:1, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos QuickStart Guide, and Legal/Warranty information
Total package weight 5.36 lb / 2.43 kg (including cables and print materials)
Seen the SONOS PLAY:1 Wireless Smart Sound Multi-Room Speaker - Black Cheaper?
We check our prices every day to ensure we can bring you the best price possible. In the unlikely case that you have found a cheaper price then please contact us on email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer your query right away! or call us 02082086999
* Required Fields